Has your child’s screen time soared since the beginning of the pandemic? Between online classes, online family hangouts and letting your kiddo binge watch movies so you can actually get some work done, you’re certainly not alone in turning to the internet these days.
- Blue light and screen time for kids:
- Why you should buy this?
- Package Includes:
Kids get much less blue light exposure indoors than they do outdoors. But children who spend a lot of time in front of screens may be more likely to develop digital eye strain, also known as computer vision syndrome.
Signs of digital eye strain in kids may include:
Changes in vision
Other risks of too much screen time for kids and too much blue light exposure include disruption of the body’s sleep/wake cycle. This can lead to crankiness, sleepiness at school and health issues.
- 42% own tablet devices — a massive increase from only 7% four years ago and less than 1% in 2011.
- 98% live in a household with some mobile device and TV.
- 49% watch TV or play video games in the hour before bedtime.
- All spent an average of 2 hours and 19 minutes a day with screen media.
- Experts predict that digital devices will continue to become a bigger part of kids’ lives in the future.
There are many positive and negative impacts associated with increasing screen media consumption and digital device usage among children. One effect, in particular, has garnered a lot of research and concern from parents: exposure to blue light through the eyes. Blue light emanating from the screens of video games, smartphones, tablets, computers, and televisions can affect kids’ vision and their overall health.
Growing evidence and research show that, at the least, overexposure to blue light due to screen media consumption can produce digital eye strain, headaches, and a lack of deep sleep in children. At the worst, exposure to blue light over time can lead to damaged retinal cells and the early onset of macular degeneration, which can lead to vision loss.
- In an increasingly digital age, protecting your child’s vision and health is a genuine concern. Let’s take a detailed look at blue light and how computer glasses for kids can combat its damaging effects on vision.
What age range do these fit?
They fit kids from 3 -13 years old
- Brand Name: Good Office Habits
- Lenses Material: TAC
- Gender: Unisex
- Lens Width: 45mm
- Lens Height: 42mm
- Frame Material: Plastic
- Shape: Square glasses kids
- Frame: Flexible frame safe
- lenses: Clear glasses transparent computer glasses
- Age: 3-13 years old
- Protection: UV400 Anti Blue Light Glasses
1 x Anti-Blue Computer Glasses for kids + 1 x Clean Cloth + 1 x Storage Box